Our Farms

Farmers are the heart of Horizon®

More than twenty years ago, Horizon® began with a handful of organic family farms. While we’ve grown since then, our commitment to local farming communities remains stronger than ever. After all, great milk starts with great local farmers.

We now work with about 680 family farms, most of which have fewer than 100 milking cows. These family farms supply 99% of our milk, with the remaining 1% coming from our company-owned farm in Kennedyville, MD.

From the rolling hills of upstate New York to the sunny coast of California, local farming communities are an essential part of what makes Horizon special. We celebrate our family farmers for taking on the incredible task of putting food on America’s tables with common sense, hard work, and sheer heart.

When you choose Horizon, you can feel great knowing you’re supporting local agriculture across the country, along with the proud heritage of American family farmers. See all our featured farms.

See some of our farms in action here.

Read our Standards of Care.

Statistics are accurate as of Q1, 2014.